The YSM is open on a competitive basis to approximately 80 outstanding early-career researchers who meet the following criteria:
- Age: Usually under 35 years
- Career status:
- PhD Students: Usually in the latter stages of their degree
- Post-PhD: Usually within five years of completing their degree
The participants will be selected on the basis of the quality of the application and suitability.
Before 15 January 2021
Includes transportation from Agadir to the venue (and return) and full-board (shared bungalow accommodation, all meals) during the YSM. All the participants will stay at the YSM venue during the YSM. However, they must book accommodation individually for the OSM.
Application and abstract submission
Early-career scientists wishing to attend the YSM are required to present their work either as a poster or a talk. Attendance is competitive and will be based primarily on the quality of the abstract submitted. The organizers strive, however, to achieve a gender and geographical balance to ensure a lively and representative meeting.
To apply for the YSM, you will be asked to submit an abstract and complete the application form.
Please check the eligibility guidelines (above) before applying. If you do not fit the eligibility criteria, please explain in your application why you should still be considered.
During the application process you will be asked to provide:
- your abstract (incl. title, authors, affiliations of the authors and session; max. 500 words);
- the session in which you would like to present your work;
- the name and contact details of two referees (full name, affiliation, email address; no letter required);
- your key scientific achievements (max. two; max. 100 words total)
- a short statement describing your motivation for attending the YSM and how you expect to benefit from this meeting (max. 100 words).
Please note that no CV or separate letter is required.
Participants to the YSM must register for the OSM and submit an abstract. The abstract may be the same or different from the YSM abstract.
Funding is available for registration fees and travel support.
To apply for financial support to attend the YSM, you will be asked to:
- explain why you need funding (max. 200 words);
- detail which type of funding you are requesting (registration, travel (including amount in EUR));
- detail other source(s) of funding available to you and what they cover.
While significant funding has been earmarked for early-career researchers, it will not be sufficient to support all participants or cover all costs. Hence applicants are encourage to be self-supporting if possible.
Application, abstract submission, and financial support request deadlines for YSM is 13 September 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified by 15 October 2020.