The YSM is open on a competitive basis to approximately 80 outstanding early-career researchers who meet the following criteria:
- Career status:
- PhD Students: Usually in the latter stages of their degree
- Post-PhD: Usually within five years of completing their degree
- Scientific scope: Paleoscientists (data-based or modelers) or global change scientists with a strong, proven interest in paleoscience.
The participants will be selected on the basis of the quality of the application and suitability.
Application and abstract submission
Early-career scientists wishing to attend the YSM are required to register and submit an abstract with their application that they will present at the OSM. Attendance is competitive and will be based primarily on the quality of the abstract. The organizers strive, however, to achieve a gender and geographical balance to ensure a lively and representative meeting.
To apply for the YSM, you must complete the YSM application form.
Deadline: 11 February 2022, 23:59 UTC
Please check the eligibility guidelines (above) before applying. If you do not fit the eligibility criteria, please explain in your application why you should still be considered.
During the application process you will be asked to provide:
- the abstract that you will present at the OSM (max. 500 words);
- the name and contact details of two referees (full name, affiliation, email address; no letter required);
- a statement describing your academic background and your motivation for attending the YSM, including how you expect to benefit from this meeting (max. 700 words)
There is no registration fee but only the selected participants will be allowed to attend.
Successful applicants will be notified by 15 March 2022.